On Sunday, May 7th, we will mobilize as a congregation to worship God through service to our community. This will be a powerful day to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations in the Maple Valley area. Whether you call MVPC home or not, we invite you to participate with us! We will gather at 10am for a brief time of worship and a short message before going out into the community to serve.
Projects for Serve Sunday 2017
Congregational Service Project – Susan Oas’s yard
- Landscaping: Come prepared to work in Susan’s yard, getting it ready for the summer. Bring your gardening tools and pruning shears. Additionally Susan could use a little help hauling branches away from her house as she does not have yard waste. (Address will be sent to those who have signed-up)
- Landscaping and Downspout Cleaning: Bring your rakes, shovels, pruners, etc. and help Nancy Evans get her wonderful yard in order for the summer. She could also use help cleaning her gutters, so bring a ladder! (Address will be sent to those who have signed-up)
- Yard and exterior house work.: Bring your yard tools and perhaps your tool box to work on various yard and exterior home projects around Julie’s house. (Address will be sent to those who have signed-up)
- Caring for kids: Do you love kids? Help provide childcare for the littlest MVPC people, while their parents and older siblings serve on projects throughout the community. (Meet by the nursery)
- Landscaping: Bring your gardening tools and help clean up the garden spaces around Shadow Lake Elementary. We will also be refilling their big sand box so shovels and wheelbarrows will be of great assistance if you have them to bring. This is a great opportunity to serve our Sweeney road neighbors! (Meet in the Shadow Lake Elementary parking lot).
- General Cleaning: If you have the knack for making spaces shine, come help clean the community center.
- Painting the Den: Bring your favorite paint brush and help add a fresh coat of paint to the “Den.”
- General Landscaping: If you like working in the dirt, bring your yard tools and some gloves and come helps spruce up the community center’s grounds.
- Organizing the Storage Shed: If you’re good at Tetris, or like to things to be nice and organized this is the project for you. Come help organize the community center’s storage shed.
(Meet at the Maple Valley Community Center)
- Passage Point Cleanup: Bring your yard tools and help spruce up the Passage Point campus. Passage Point is a local YWCA community. All volunteers 16 years and older must complete a YWCA background check. (15900 227th Ave SE, East Renton Highlands, WA 98027)
- Gardens Yard Work: If you love working in the yard, bring some yard tools and prepare to pull weeds, clear brush and debris and cut back blackberry bushes. (Vine Maple Place “Gardens” location - 24403 Witte Rd SE Maple Valley WA, 98038)
- Main Campus Yard Work: Help spruce up Vine Maple Place’s main campus by pulling weeds, clearing brush and debris, and cutting back blackberry bushes. (Vine Maple Place “Main Campus” - 22815 SE 216th Way Maple Valley, WA 98038)
- Campus Cleanup: Bring your gloves, wheelbarrows and gardening tools and help spruce up the MVPC campus by working a variety of landscaping tasks around our facility. (Meet by the coffee area)
- Letter Writing: Bring your favorite stationary or use the cards and stationary provided to write letters or notes of encouragement to people you know. Letter writing has become a lost art but everyone loves receiving cards or letters in the mail! (Meet in the Chapel)
Childcare will be provided for children up to 5 years of age. If you need childcare, please indicate how many children and their ages in your signup email. Thank you!
Email email@example.com with your project selection!